090613 – Fire It Up Friday!
As of today, we are adding the Friday 6:30pm class back to the schedule.
DISCLAIMER – I do not make any kind of profit from this product. It is a training tool that I believe can really help each of you to achieve your goals in fitness.
I have been using Bioforce HRV as a training aid to help me determine the effort that I am putting into my training on a day to day basis. As CrossFit goes, everyday is an intense effort. If I was feeling weak or tired I would persuade myself to push through. This was not always to my betterment. What bioforce does is allow me to have a more scientific understanding of what’s really going on inside my body to help make better decision as to push on or take some recovery time.
This information is useful in that it ensures that my training days are of greater quality and avoid overreaching on a long term basis.
What’s On Tap
This past week we focused on the Pistol as our skill of the week. Be sure to continue to work on your progressions either before or after classes. The movement requires strength, mobility and balance and it takes most people some concentrated practice to develop it efficiently.
Next week we are going to focus on the WallBall. This movement is a thorn in many peoples side and we are going to work to make it a strength. When performing wallballs we are trying to accomplish the following:
- Upright torso
- Ball maintained at chest height during the squat portion
- Use both hands to “push” the ball to its target while keeping the feet on the ground
- Smooth recovery as the ball is received from the target and we begin the next squat cycle
The focus will be two fold: hit the 10’+ target height and to increase the number of reps performed unbroken. Here is a general guideline for this week’s practice:
- Use a lighter ball if you are struggling reaching the height. Increase accuracy first!
- Begin with sets of 10 unbroken for beginners. 20 for intermediate athletes. 40 for advanced athletes.
- Perform 3-6 sets without exceeding 150 reps total during any practice session.
- Allow adequate rest between sets to ensure success.
1. Press – 20 minutes to work up to a max for the day
2. AMRAP 7
7 Muscle ups
7 Hang squat cleans, 95#/65#
rest 5 minutes
3. AMRAP 7
7 Thruster, 95#/65#
7 Knee to Elbows
1. Complete 5 rounds for reps
1:00 Box Jumps
2. Midline Work
a. Leg raises – 6×20
b. Hip Extension – 6x 15
1. EMOM 12
Even – 10 Burpees
Odd – 10 Overhead swings, 32kg/24kg
2. Snatch – 5×5 with ascending load
3. Wallball practice
1. AMRAP 15
7 DB Hang Squat Cleans, 55#/35#
2. Deadlift – work up to a max single for the day
1. 5 RFT
20 Ring Dips
2a. L-sit holds – 7 x :15
2b. Back extension – 7×10
1. Complete reps of 9-15-21 for time
Front Squat, 135#/95#
2. Position 1 Snatch – 5×4 (light to moderate load)
3. Wallball practice
1. Complete reps of 30-20-10 for time
Push Press, 115#/75#
Toe 2 Bar
2. Bench Press – 5×10 with ascending weight