I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, but rumors, true or false, are often revealing.
Landa from Inglourious Basterds
I heard that Jason Wong is going to send Kiel a six-pack of beer every Friday night for the next 6 weeks. And Kiel will be having pizza delivered to Jason at the gym every day. Both of these guys are going to be dumping packs of cigarettes in Omri’s car in the hopes he takes up smoking again. And you don’t even want to hear what they plan to do to poor Kristen Halfpenny to sabotage her chances of winning the Transformation Challenge.
Rumors! And we haven’t even started yet. Rest assured that this Transformation Challenge is actually user friendly. Who wants to be miserable when you start out the New Year. It’s a time to reflect and be grateful for what we have, not a time to punish yourself because you had one to many drinks on New Year’s Eve or too much fruit cake!
It’s not a starvation plan that ends after 6 weeks and you go back to the old ways. It’s an opportunity to clean up your eating and add some habits that you can incorporate into your daily life. It’s about slowing down and taking time to meditate everyday for 10 minutes. Drinking more water to help your internal systems work better. Sleeping more! Or better yet, getting to bed at a decent hour in the evening. And it’s about us coming together as a community to just be healthier, happier and have a little more fun with our WODs!
Here’s What You Need To Know:
- We are helping you incorporate the following into your daily life:
- HYDRATION (H20)
- DAILY EXERCISE
- Hydrostatic Measurement is on Saturday, January 4th. Everyone has been scheduled at this point. Be on time for your appointment. Bring a bathing suit and a towel.
- You will receive a 6-page reading of your measurement results. It will have advice for caloric intake based on your goals. These can be used as a starting point for the nutrition portion of the challenge. But keep in mind that we are not keeping food journals. It is a point system. If you need more help with the eating portion Alex Black has offered her services at a discounted rate. I suggest you talk with her soon and consider hiring her for the six weeks of the challenge.
- For those who prefer hip/waist ratio measurement that will also be done on Saturday, January 4th.
- Testing WOD is also on Saturday, January 4th. Schedule has also been sent out. Neal is going to program a great WOD for everyone to finish and test different abilities. Coaches will be on hand to help you get through it.
- Transformation Challenge starts on Sunday, January 5th. The point system goes from Sunday to Saturday. Everything will be explained in the TC Packets you can pick up on Saturday, January 4th.
I’m also happy to announce that we have teamed up with Bos Creek, artisan meat, chicken and pork. They will be giving a months worth of meat to our Transformation Challenge winner! Check out their website:
In addition we want you to sign up today for the BosChallenge! It is a separate worldwide challenge but the owner Greg is letting us participate as a group. Once the Bos Creek WODs are announced on January 20th we will be posting them and having times for you to come in and finish them. There are only 3. We also get the opportunity to win 35 lbs of grass fed beef, chicken and pork as an affiliate if we get the most members to sign up. Spring barbecue!
If you sign up this week Greg is offering $20 to be used for grass fed beef, chicken or pork when you order on line. It’s free to sign up and all you have to do is email him. Below are instructions:
Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line write: I’ll Take the Bos Challenge
In the body write: CrossFit Boston
You must identify in the body as “CrossFit Boston” because we are using this challenge as an opportunity to win as an affiliate! In addition, we will be offering you the opportunity to finish the BosChallenge WODs (only 3) during the weeks of January 20th – February 4th. If you feel you have what it takes to go up against athletes from around the world we will video record you and send in your results. Otherwise, the WODs will be recorded in your Transformation Challenge record and you will receive 5 points towards our challenge for each WOD completed. It’s that simple.
Coaches will be on hand Saturday, January 4th to help you sign up for the BosChallenge as well! I suggest however you do it this week and get the meat ordered so you are ready to eat clean and train dirty!