Alex Black, owner of WICKED GOOD NUTRITION, has sent us the following grocery list to help you get started as we head into the weekend.
We are still on for Saturday morning! Hydrostatic Measurements and Testing WODs all day long at CrossFit Boston!
This shopping list is for 1 person for 1 day of healthy meals. For more support, you can contact Alex Black and join her Transformation Challenge group for the next 6 weeks. She will have weekly group meetings and be available for weekly check ins when you need support.
To determine if you should purchase organic please visit her blog: http://wickedgoodnutrition.com/organic-foods/
1 bunch of kale
1 package romaine hearts
1 package cherry tomatoes
1 red bell pepper
1 package strawberries
Pico de gallo
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Look for free range and/or organic chicken
- Look for options with no preservatives or added sugar. The brand sold in the gym is a good option.
- Look for free range and/or cage free
1 container of Greek Yogurt (6 ounces)
- 0%, 2%, or full fat versions are all OK. No added sugars or preservatives. Chobani and Fage both have good versions.
Beans, Legumes, and Nuts:
1 Small can of Black Beans
- Look for the kind with no added sugar. Only almonds and salt. If you are going to Whole Foods, grind your own!
Spices and Herbs:
Salt and Pepper to Grind
Chicken Broth *NO MSG
Almond Meal (Almond Flour)
Look for recipes on Alex’s website: www.wickedgoodnutrition.com
We are all here to support you as you make these changes to a healthier life! Here’s to a WICKED FIT 2014!