It’s Winter in Boston and a mess outside. Without many opportunities to run, you’ve probably noticed that the amount of Rowing in your daily life has increased. Lately you’ve seen rowing in your warmups, workouts, and especially in the Transformation Challenge WOD. I wanted to take a moment to draw your attention to the Concept2 Ergometer and how you can make your time on the erg more enjoyable and more consistent.
1. Checkout the C2 description of the damper setting.
2. Checkout the C2 description of the drag factor.
3. Every time you row, check the drag factor.
4. If you have a solid rowing workout that you feel good about in terms of form, efficiency, power, and consistency, remember the drag factor you used and set the erg to that drag factor from now on.
5. Notice that when you set the drag factor on another erg the damper setting may be different.
6. Keep tabs on your drag factor and how you feel as you train during the next 5 weeks. Find a drag factor that will get you the most bang for your buck come the end of the Transformation Challenge.
Have Fun and Keep Working Hard!