Hey Everyone! Just thought I’d provide an update on some events you may be interested in checking out:
1. Friday, August 30th at 6 PM – Our very own Joe Mathias will be presenting a clarinet recital in the Marshall Room of the Boston University Campus (855 Commonwealth Avenue, 2nd Floor).
2. Monday, September 1st – There will be one class at 9 AM.
3. Sunday, September 7th – On this glorious day in place of (and extending beyond) the 9:30 class, we shall celebrate the ascension of two of our more venerable members into their golden years! Both Nigel Costolloe and Dave Lapidus will be kicking off their 50th year with a very special edition of the Filthy Fifty WOD. The programming for the day will be the Filthy Fifty, there will be food from Soul Fire BBQ available for purchase ($5 cash per plate), music by me, and there are rumors that there will be additional beverages provided. Drop me at line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in a plate of BBQ.
4. Saturday, September 13th – At 4 PM, our very own Candy Saunders will be roller derbying her butt off in Wilmington. I’ve seen a couple of bouts and it’s awesome! https://www.facebook.com/events/877739245588591/
5. Saturday, September 27th – Are you ready for our in-house throwdown? Over the last week, I’ve been letting folks in classes know that the event is going to be a 2-person TEAM throwdown. So far, we have about a dozen people signed up to participate and my goal is to have fifteen teams. In terms team formation, we would like to mix things up as much as possible. We’d like to pair Rx athletes with scaled athletes, newer members with “older” members, morning class attendees with evening class attendees, etc. What will the WODs, you may be asking? Excellent question! Here’s the first one:
WOD #1: Bulgar Wheat
10 Minutes to complete:
500m Row each
20 Burpee Lateral Jumps each
AMRAP Squat Cleans (135/95) or (95/65)
1. One rower per team, movements must be performed in order
2. Partner #1 can perform burpees and squat cleans while Partner #2 rows
3. When 1000m row is completed, only one partner can work at a time
It’s sure to be a great time, so sign up with the link below!
Peace and bacon grease,