15 Oct 2014
Do you eat food? Do you want to get stronger? Good, then I should see you tonight!
At 7:30 pm (after the 6:30 class) I will be covering what you need to know to optimize your strength gains and performance. Topics include:
- The Macros (A Quick Review)
- Strength Training & Your Body – the role of glycogen
- Eating before, during, and after workouts – checklist of qualities
- Suggested Options – examples of whole foods and products you can try before, during, and after workouts
- Real world examples – we’ll do some calculations that will help us get comfortable calculating our dietary needs around workouts
- Supplements – which ones do you need?
- A look at the evidence on caffeine use and performance
- Other Lifestyle Factors
Dan from RacePak will also be joining us with some free samples of products you can use before, during, and after a workout.
Here is the condensed info:
Fuel For Strength: Nutrition Strategies for Strength and Performance
Where: CrossFit Boston 114 Western Ave; Allston, MA
When: Wednesday, October 15th 2014 at 7:30 pm
Cost: Free for strength challenge participants or $12
There will be a sign in sheet at the door, or you can REGISTER HERE.
14 Oct 2014
1. TEST – 400m run
2. TEST – 75 Wallball shots
3a. Back extension – 3 x 10-15 reps
3b. Strict Toe2Bar – 3 x 8-15 reps
Think you’re so good at double-unders that you don’t need to go to the jumpNrope Double Under Seminar that’s being held at the box this Friday, October 17th from 5:30-7:30 PM? Well, here’s one of the WODs (or similar) that will be featured in our next Team Throwdown on Saturday, January 31st 2015:
Isn’t This Really a Triplet?!
Buy-In: Unbroken double-unders each partner 30 Rx/5 scaled
Burpee-box jumps 20″ Rx/step-ups permitted scaled
1. Only one athlete may work at a time
2. Both athletes must complete their double-unders UNBROKEN before moving on to burpee-box-jumps
3. Score will be number of burpee-box jumps performed
As promised, unbroken double-unders are REQUIRED, even in the scaled division, so definitely sign up for the double-under seminar! You’ve got more than three months to get and perfect double-unders! Missed the registration link for the throwdown? HERE IT IS!
Peace and Taiwanese bacon grease,
13 Oct 2014
1. Front Squat
5 reps @ 65%
Max reps strict HSPU, rest 2:00
5 reps @ 75%
Max strict HSPU, rest 2:00
5+ reps @ 85%
Max strict HSPU
2. AMRAP 8
Row 15 calories
13 Oct 2014
There will not be a class this Wed. the 15th. BUT Alex is holding a seminar, “Fuel for Strength”. It is a nutrition seminar that will open your eyes to giving your body fuel. So, I hope to see you there!
Practice your alignment, your breath in ever movement and the Vinyasa. You want to make the moment in a flow that will let you open more in every movement!
I better see you all practicing before and after classes or your own workout!
12 Oct 2014
Gymnastic strength work – for quality and 20 minute cap
1a. 20 Squats x 2 sets
1b. Strict Pull-ups, 3.3.3 x 2 sets
1c. Ring Dips, 5.5.5 x 2 sets
1d. Strict Toe2Bar, 5.5.5 x 2 sets
1e. 10 lunges each leg x 2 sets
1f. 10 Ring Rows (feet on box) x 2 sets
1g. 12 Push-ups x 2 sets
1h. 10 Back extension x 2 sets
2. Reps of 21-15-9 for time (10 minute cap)
11 Oct 2014
Complete with a partner for total calories
Row 20 minutes alternating every 2 minutes. While one is rowing, the other is holding a weighted Push-up/Plank with 45/25 pound plate on his/her back. Add a 10 burpee penalty each time the plank is compromised.
11 Oct 2014
1. Back squat – 3 x 10 reps @ 72%
2. AMRAP 15
100m Farmer Carry, 55/35 each hand
100m Front Rack carry, 55/35 each hand
100m Overhead carry, 55/35 each hand
10 Oct 2014
1a. 5 Skin the cats x 3 sets
1b. 3 rope climbs x 3 sets, rest 2:00
2. Complete 6 rounds for time