FIRE IT UP! PR FRIDAY
Yeah! It’s Friday baby and that means it’s time to FIRE IT UP! FIRE IT UP! The week has been fun and different. All week has been training for todays testing day. Yesterday was a bit of a sampler with the 1k row and many crushed it! I have enjoyed seeing you all respond to the slightly different programming and being open to going after it.
What has been your favorite part of the week? What did you enjoy the least? Please give your feedback in comments. In fact, as a challenge, I would appreciate if you began commenting daily on your results in the comments section of the blog. We will be looking each day for your results and feedback on the WOD. Your participation will provide great insight.
ODDS & ENDS
- No 8am Track Practice this week – Coach Voci is away this weekend and there is quite a bit going on inside the gym. It will resume next weekend weather permitting.
- The Strength Challenge begins and Hydrostatic Weighing is this weekend. The CrossFit Total is being programmed for the entire gym whether you are participating in the challenge or not. Expect to be in the gym for 1.25 to 1.5 hours as the Total always is a bit longer. Classes will start on the hour. The back squat and press will be completed within the hour and then members will move to the platforms to complete the deadlift.
- CustomFit Meals – I would like some feedback from those that have ordered. Either drop me a line or just post to comments.
- If you signed up for the Challenge or for Hydrostatic Weighing. You will receive and email to remind you of your scheduled time. Please be on time.
WHAT’S ON TAP
This week we are continuing with classic CrossFit programming. Monday and Tuesday are particularly challenging in that they are back to back. Be sure that you are doing what is necessary to recover from Monday to Tuesday if you are training back to back days.
1. Pull-ups – 5 x max. Strict-Kipping-Strict-Kipping-Strict.
2. Complete the following circuit 5 times. It contains three elements and is a powerful whole body workout. Each element is 45 seconds with a 15 second rotation (not one second more or you start over).
Wall Ball, 20#/14# to a 10′/9′ target (reps)
Hollow Rock (reps)
Sumo Deadlift High Pull, 75#/55# (reps)
1. Powerclean 10-10-10
Rest 5-10 minutes
2. AMRAP 20
10 Thrusters off 10″ box with dumbbells totaling 30% of your weight
15 Back extensions
1. Wall-Ball – 20#/14# to a 10′/9′ target
30 seconds – max reps
Rest 30 seconds
60 seconds – max reps
Rest 60 seconds
90 seconds – max reps
Rest 90 seconds
120 seconds – max reps
Rest 120 seconds
Beat 15 throws in 30s, 30 in 60s, 40 in 90s, and 50 in 120s Total exercise 8 minutes.
Submit total throws for all efforts and bodyweight.
2. AMRAP 20
Lunge ten steps each leg, alternating
Clean & Jerk, 50% bodyweight X 10 reps
1. Bike/Row – 3 x 2 minute max effort (calories)
Rest 5 minutes between efforts.
2. 4 rounds for time of:
15 GHD sit ups
5 Handstand push-ups
10 Back Squats @ 2/3 of bodyweight
Bar for Back squats must be taken from the ground each rep.
1. Push Press – 8-6-4
2. AMRAP 15
3 L-sit pull-ups
1 minute max double unders
Post rounds completed and total double unders completed.
1. Deadlift 3-2-1-2-3
2. 3 Rounds for time
15 Toe2Bar (strict and slow)
20 Med ball cleans, 20#/14#